Thursday, April 30, 2009

IRIS IN MY GARDEN




IRIS IN MY GARDEN is a 5x7 pastel on Pastelbord.











I've been working on a garden for about 7 years. I hate to think how many plants I've lost, how much money wasted. But I'm determined to have a cottage garden. It's beginning to happen. It's still not a lush, mature garden, but it's in the making. Every year I thank God he's let me live to see another spring. I hope I live to be a little old gray haired lady (I'll have to quit dyeing my hair to see it--and start losing some weight) with garden gloves and a wide-brimmed hat, surrounded and overwhelmed by my flowers.

2 comments:

  1. Your iris is beautiful. Love the look of pastels. I'm still working on a garden as well. Really is a back breaker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colors.
    Isn't it funny how much of a siren song gardening is. :)

    ReplyDelete