Friday, June 18, 2010

La Bonne Etoile

























Now that I've caught my breath, I have to talk about La Bonne Etoile.

I'm naturally scared of everything. So it was a big step for me to go to France all by myself. But Kippy prepared every detail for me and all the artists who attended the class. Kippy, an American artist who has lived in France for over 10 years, and Jerome have turned a 250 year old farmhouse in the village of Fontaine-Fourches into a beautiful, cozy home with room for 8 guests. Lunches on the patio, elegant dinners at the dining room table, good French food and wine, excellent company, a lot of laughing, all while surrounded by the beautiful French farmland and wild poppy fields. La Bonne Etoile is about an hour from Paris and a half hour from some incredible medieval sites. Kippy and Jerome made my first visit to France all that I had hoped for. If you're looking for a place to take an art workshop (if you're interested in attending mine next year, let Kippy know so she can keep you on her email list) and experience France with all details handled for you, look here: http://www.labonneetoile.com/about.html.




1 comment:

  1. Oh! Margaret, the house and the way you describe all is to die for! What a wonderful setting, good for you!

    ReplyDelete