Thursday, July 5, 2012

Vernissage

FRIDAY we had our Vernissage. Our class is officially over and I am off the clock. Everyone's work looked wonderful displayed around the room, and a great crowd showed up! I remembered my first Vernissage here, 2 years ago, when I knew zero French. then I smiled a lot and had to rely on Kippy's translations. for the past two years I've been listening religiously to my Pimmsler French language CD's in my car. Last night I was amazed at how much I was able to understand and communicate. I did have to say 'an pieu longemont, sil vou ples' a lot though. When I get home I plan to purchase the next box of lessons, French 3, to study all this coming year. It's encouraging to know that my brain has not atrophied like the rest of me. RIGHT NOW AS I WRITE, the remaining 4 of us are riding in the van with Kippy to the Bourgogne region for more exploring, where we expect to encounter long times without wifi access. So I may be quiet for a while.

1 comment:

  1. I've been following you all on your trip via your blog and it all seems so magical and wonderful. The pastels you've posted by all the participants are to be highly commended and are a tribute to you, Margaret, their teacher. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete