THE IMPRESSIONISTIC FIGURE
in Florence, Italy
Saturday - Friday, May 25-31, 2019
Painting in oils or pastels from live models and photos.
In this one week studio workshop we will work from a live model and from our own photos from photo shoots with the model. You don't have to be an accomplished painter or pastelist; I will help you with the basics if you need that.
We'll have plenty of time for exploring, tasting and sipping in this magnificent Renaissance city that holds nearly a third of the world's art treasures. We’ll stroll the same cobblestone streets that Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and Botticelli strolled.
We'll be staying in apartments in the Oltrarno section of Florence, minutes from the major landmarks but removed from the hustle and bustle of the crowded tourist section. You'll experience Florence like a native in an area known for its artisan shops and boutiques. On Day 5, we will retreat to the hill town of Fiesole to relax and enjoy its spectacular views and fresh breezes. We will visit the Etruscan/Roman ruins and the San Francesco monastery, dining, of course, the entire time in the Italian way.
Join us for a glorious week in Italy!
TUITION: $3150 ($500 deposit required to hold your space) Does NOT include airfare.
Class is limited to 10 students
- Welcome reception
- 6 night total accommodation based on double occupancy (air-conditioned, WiFi)
- 4 nights in downtown Florence and 2 nights in the hilltown of Fiesole
- All breakfasts
- All evening meals (wine and gratuities included)
- City walking tour with professional guide
- Admission to the Accademia to see the "real" David
- Visit to an artisan studio
- All instruction from Margaret who will be with the group the entire workshop
- Model fees included
- All ground transportation related to scheduled events and transfer to Fiesole
- Native speaker and experienced workshop host with group available onsite