Thursday, March 14, 2019

A much needed boost.

I had two excellent surprises last month. I received a text from my artist friend Judith, congratulating me on my mention in the latest issue of the Pastel Journal. What??? I had to run out and get it to find out what was in the article.It was a special edition marking the 20th Anniversary of Pastel Journal, February 2019. The article, "20 @ 20," said, "To mark this significant Pastel Journal anniversary, we searched the magazine's bountiful archives to select 20 exceptional paintings at which to marvel all over again. And, we've included sage advice from each of the artists to boot." Wow. I'm quite humbled, especially seeing who the other 19 artists were. I thank Anne Hevener, Editor in Chief of the Pastel Journal and her staff for this wonderful honor. I sent them some flowers.And then, only days later, I received this in the mail from the National Oil & Acrylic Painters Society (NOAPS): an award for "Best Impressionism," for my oil painting "A Garden at La Bonne Etoile," along with a gift certificate for a workshop of my choice at the Fredericksburg Art School in Fredericksburg, TX, where some impressive painters teach.Not a bad week, huh? I needed one.




No comments:

Post a Comment