Saturday, July 25, 2015

ALBUQUERQUE MODEL, click to view auction

A few years ago I had the honor of teaching a workshop and doing a demonstration at IAPS, The International Association of Pastel Societies, in Albuquerque, NM. For my workshop I hired a model and told all my students to bring their cameras. We spent a little less than an hour following this model around as she sat in different conversation pits throughout the hotel lobby, folding the colorful fabric I brought to the class. This is from that photo shoot. I've been going though my older photos and doing some quick sketches.

I have discovered that when I go to older photos in my files, I'm inspired by the ones that didn't interest me originally, the ones I almost threw away. What happens in the months or years that pass that causes me to see things differently? It's always a source of surprise to go back to old photos. I'm so glad I've  held on to them.

Albuquerque Model is an 8x10 pastel on Ampersand Pastelbord, available at auction on Daily Paintworks.

No comments:

Post a Comment