Monday, June 12, 2017

en route to teach for the Connecticut Pastel Society

I know it seems crazy, but I arrived home from Italy last evening and I have just enough time to do several loads of laundry, repack my bags, mow the lawn and turn around and fly out tomorrow morning to teach a class in Connecticut.

Last year, when my ex-husband, the father of my two daughters, got sick and died, I cancelled a slew of workshops so I could be near my girls. When scheduling for 2017, I tried compensating for the lost income and said yes to every opportunity that presented itself. It wasn't until I was in the throes of the year and manically trying to catch up that I realized how badly I planned my year. It is a little too much but I'm slowly crossing all the accomplished commitments off my list. So yes, my schedule is a little crazy. I won't do that again. All I keep thinking is...I want to be back home working in my garden.

But back to Connecticut. This coming week I will be teaching a 3-day workshop for the Connecticut Pastel Society. The class is held in conjunction with their "Purely Pastel" juried member exhibition. In addition, they will be exhibiting the 8 pastels of mine below.

Connecticut Pastel Society "Purely Pastel" Juried Member Exhibition
June 15-July 21, 2017
Chauncey Stillman Gallery
Lyme Academy College of Fine Arts
84 Lyme Street
Old Lyme, CT 06371
860.434.5232











No comments:

Post a Comment