Saturday, June 3, 2017

My workshop in Florence, Italy, June 3-10, 2017


You'll have to forgive me; it's been a long time since I've written in this blog. I am rusty. And tired.

All 8 students and I converged within hours of each other today, most of us wasted after crossing the Atlantic through the night. Our home for the next week is a centuries old villa in the busy newer area of Florence, a 15 minute walk to Il Duomo.

Debra and Ivano Zamperla, our hosts, made sure everybody was safely 'at home,' grocery shopped and prepared out dinner while a few of us caught a few hours of recuperative sleep. 6:30--Dinner, cooked by Ivan and Debra: bruschetta, Tuscan white beans, salad, medallions of turkey and pork, tiramisu cake.

We sipped prosecco as we became acquainted with each other; we are from Pennsylvania, Michigan, New York, California and Georgia. We  are composed of a physician and her beautiful 16 year old daughter; a violinist and her son, who leaves us tomorrow; 4 retired teachers, several of whom have acting in their backgrounds, and a Social Worker.

Tomorrow we tour the city. Workshop begins Monday. I have fallen asleep 6 times trying to write these few paragraphs. I have to go to bed. 






1 comment:

  1. Even exhausted, you're a great writer. I love tbe oval framed piece in the kitchen. Yes, more of that tiramisu, please!

    ReplyDelete