Thursday, June 21, 2012

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos It was a long day in Paris; we're wiped out. Never did get my absinthe. I'll get it, don't worry. Somehow. Some way. I'll get it. Degas was as wonderful as I knew he'd be. Lunch afterwards at the Musee D'Orsay restaurant (check out the ceiling in the picture--that's Maria in the foreground). Loved the Berthe Morisot show. We are totally inspired with Degas imagery and Parisian rainy street scenes (yup, rained again). I'm tired and hitting the sack. Tomorrow we go back to the studio to work from photos of Rosza, bearing in mind what we saw in Degas' work. It'll be interesting what the class will come up with. I'll be posting some pastels soon. I'm going to sleep.

1 comment:

  1. If you come back to Austin, we have a bar here that serves absinthe! I've wanted to try it too and need a "buddy".
    In your honor, I got out my pastels today and started painting a laundry scene. You're inspiring me from abroad.

    ReplyDelete