Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Meg and I are going home.


We spent two days in the Latin Quarter in Paris with Kippy, Brigette and Kathy. They are now on their way to Giverny to visit Monet's home and garden. Meg and I are going home.

While in Paris, we all visited the Musee Marmottan Monet (it's not really winter in France...I've swiped a photo from the internet), to see its permanent collection of paintings by Berthe Morisot but were equally thrilled by Monet's landscapes on the bottom floor. I especially enjoyed his vivid abstracts toward the last few years of his life. I remember seeing these years ago and not being impressed. Now I love them. It's funny how our taste changes. We were also pleasantly surprised to discover the current exhibition of portraits by Camille Carot., who is mostly known for his landscapes.








I wonder occasionally if Meg has been overdosed by art; the rest of us were consumed by it for two weeks and still couldn't get enough. I don't hear her complaining or swearing she doesn't want to set foot in another gallery for another decade, so maybe she's OK. I was always a little relieved to come upon her in a museum to find her photographing a favorite painting.

I have to try to tell you about the spectacular Gustav Klimt exhibit at the Atelier des Lumieres;, which we saw as well. Maybe 'saw' is not the appropriate verb. Experienced would be better. Pictures will not be adequate so I am providing this link to a video. If you ever get a chance to experience this show, do. I cried.
https://youtu.be/qqwO463JLXc

I am looking forward to getting away from all the rich French food and wine. I want to get back to my smoothies and an occasional peanut butter sandwich and glass of milk. So is Meg.


No comments:

Post a Comment