Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Monday - Wednesday, week one...

We have breakfast outside on the patio every morning from 8:30-9:30--croissants, french bread and luxurious salted French butter, blueberry preserves, hard-boiled eggs for anyone who prefers protein, yogurt, fresh fruit, cereal, and of course plenty of coffee and cream. There is always plenty of fresh fruit on the table.

We get up to the studio around 9:45 and work for almost 4 hours; the time slips by quickly. I've done an oil demo and a pastel demo. Everyone works quietly, most of the time with music if we can remember to put it on or how to put it on.

Meg has posed for us every day. We've had a couple of photo shoots: Meg (in her red wig) posed in the studio with a vintage sewing machine. There were some incredible photos which I can't show you because they're all on everyone else's phones or cameras; I was too busy holding the spotlight over Meg to take pictures. I will try to post some later. I expect to see some beautiful work from these photos.  One afternoon Meg and Sophie (reading "Pride and Prejudice" below) posed under the apple tree, laden with apples, in the garden. Well, they started out under the apple tree but the afternoon light wasn't good there, so we moved further down the yard to some other kind of tree and pretended there were apples on it. I don't have any pictures to share of that either because I was busy fighting my camera which has been insisting I have no room on any of my memory cards. I have been remedying (is that a word?) that for the next photo shoot.

Yesterday we had lunch at a truck stop, unlike any truck stop we've seen in the US, in a neighboring village and stopped at a sunflower field on the way home for photos.

Today we went to Paris, but you'll have to wait for another day to hear about that. I'm off to bed--everyone else did that a while ago.


















No comments:

Post a Comment